Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Meiying's message


HI CHOIR!!! Have fun this Friday at your concert! Sorry that I can't make it since I have a common test the next morning. YES, A TEST ON A SATURDAY MORNING. Oh, Hi I'm Meiying, a Mgchoir alumni of 2011, and a proud member of the ALTOS .

So yes, have fun on Friday and I guess for most of the new members, this would be your first time being on stage to perform in an official CHOIR concert. Some of you may be anxious and perhaps have a little stage fright which is okay I had my fair share of anxiousness and freaking out right before going on stage every time. As long as you know your pieces well and be able to perform to the standard you and the choir has set upon yourselves, I am sure the concert will be awesome. During my “term” in choir, there’s always this phrase being raised all the time, “ the choir is as strong as its weakest member”. Basically every voice matters, no matter how big or small, being the main melody or not. I know you guys have been practising hard for this concert, so continue to bless our audience with your wondrous voices
I also hope you guys will love singing like the way I do and be serious and focus in practices. Through my 4 years in choir, I slowly found my love for singing and now there isn’t a day where I won’t be singing And the lessons taught in practices have improved my singing tremendously. Doesn’t matter if you didn’t have any musical background, I too started from scratch. So don’t give up if you are not able to read notes fast or catch a tune straight away, you will ultimately be able to do so with experience.

And, I will try to come visit you guys one of these days after my common tests, hopefully if you still have practices then. I miss you all so dearly and for my juniors who don’t know me, even if I have not talked to you before, just say hi and I will do so too:) Yes, I’m very friendly, you can ask your seniors.

AND YES THE POST ON THE MAKEUP IS QUITE IMPORTANT. FEEL FREE TO ASK YOUR SENIORS FOR GUIDIANCE;)

LOADS OF LOVE (LOL),
Meiying